We did a lot of tweaking to the backgrounds on "Morris". With around 216 shots and a pretty small art department we had our work cut out for us. We had done some work on a color script before we really dived into the plates, and tried to focus each color space to fit the short narratively. Ultimately though it was up to the compositors to pull it all together, and I was honestly surprised how well the 3D and 2D meshed together. But I'm getting redundant.
You don't often see the backgrounds of this stuff without the characters and whatnot. (unless you follow this blog) Here are some shots from the film that I worked on. I think that no single plate was done by one person, and they are all about half paint and half footage. Hopefully we made it difficult to tell the difference.
Thanks for dropping in!