sketchings

11-10-10

Hello,

I  bought a sketchbook recently, and I've noticed my pace is slowing down, I used to sketch so much that I would go through a book in three months or so, and now it takes me longer.  I don't know how I feel about that, but I do know that I love getting my hands on a new one.  it's like a chance to do anything!  More of the art effort goes into work these days, than play.

throughout the sketchbook I painted a color gradient, then I've been going back and drawing through the different color changes, adding paint and whatnot.  Maybe I can push myself to experiment with palettes and break my comfort zone a little.
Right now I am in the Red-Orange section of the book (approaching yellow)






On top of the sketch newness excitement, we are reaching a milestone with Moonbot's short film Morris Lessmore, and we are previewing it this weekend it Shreveport, as well as simultaneously having a gallery show of all the miniatures and production art etc.  It promises to be an eventful weekend!  I hope to be able to share more of that stuff soon, there is SOOOOOooo much of it,

:)
thanks for coming by,
-Adam

2 comments:

Dustin d'Arnault said...

Nice! I started keeping a sketchbook again as well! Dude are you going to Austin for Wizard world this weekend?

Mike Bear said...

awesome! thanks for sharing. it's great to see this experiment. i used to do a lot more experimenting, maybe it's time to go back to that. great idea!